Saturday, April 26, 2014

Stay Full All Morning with this Homemade Parfait Recipe

If you are like me, you are one of those people that have to have breakfast and coffee to be a functioning member of society every day. I was at the point where I was sick of every flavor Luna bar out there and needed something different. I started experimenting one day and put together some ingredients to make a parfait mix every Sunday that would last me throughout the week and that I could mix up different fruits in it.

Well, below is the concoction I am hooked on. As the fruit seasons change, you can change up the fruit, but the grapes are pretty much a constant in this breakfast dish.




Fruit & Yogurt Parfait
Servings- about 10  Prep time: 10 min.

Ingredients
  • (1) 8 ounce tub of fat free cream cheese (I like the tub rather than the package because the tub is softer).
  • (1) cup (8 ounces) of fat free plain Greek yogurt
  • 1/3 cup of sugar
  • (2) teaspoons of vanilla extract
  • (2) pounds of seedless grapes (I usually use red grapes)
  • (2) cups of berries (strawberries, blueberries or raspberries)
  • (2) cups of additional seasonal fruit
  • granola sprinkled on each serving (I use Special K granola with a touch of honey)
Directions:
  • In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, Greek yogurt, sugar and vanilla until blended. Add grapes and other fruits, then toss to coat.
  • Cover and refrigerate. 
  • Sprinkle granola on each serving.
This recipe always lasts me at least a week for breakfast, and I sometimes even eat it for a snack on the weekends. I wake up every day for work in just enough time to get ready and get out the door, so having a healthy breakfast already made has really helped me in the mornings. 

Hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment